You will receive a similar notice prior to your inspection either by mail or email.
Attention Tenants of:____________________________________________Date:___________________
On _____________ between ________ & ________ your home will have its required yearly inspection by the City of East Lansing. You do not need to be present, but may if you wish.
Prior to this date Hagan Realty will inspect the house for possible repairs/violations.
For you to pass the inspection the following must be in order:
- Storm windows and screens installed. Broken windows/screens repaired.
- Smoke detectors up with working batteries. Smoke detector will beep if it has low batteries.
- House picked up and clean (including mildew in showers & toilets - dust off bath fans).
- Storage boxes/items in the basement organized.
- No flammable material or objects within a 3 foot radius of the hot water heater & furnace.
- Trash/recycling in proper containers and litter picked up in the yard.
- All light fixtures must have working bulbs and covers installed (porcelain lights don't require a cover).
- No tenant installed locks ($50 fine if you have your own lock & possible re-inspection fee).
- No extension cords or multi-plug outlets (surge protectors are okay).
- Any additional refrigerators must be plugged directly into an outlet or removed.
- Cable/phone/ethernet/etc. wires can't be run across the floor & doorways even if wires are taped. They are considered a trip hazard by code. Run them along the edge of rooms and above doors.
- No 3 prong to 2 prong electrical adapters.
- All doors must be able to open to 90 degrees.
- Remove portable shower heads or install anti-siphon devise.
- Other ________________________________________________________________________
Hagan Realty will not repair large, tenant caused, damages such as broken doors, windows, large holes in the walls, etc. prior to the inspection unless we receive written permission from the tenants within 24 hours of receiving this notice. If you fail the inspection due to tenant caused damages, Hagan Realty will then repair those items and you will be billed.
A re-inspection fee will be charged by the City & Hagan Realty if tenant controlled violations occur.
All City inspections will be done during normal business hours.
We do a large number of inspections each month, each requiring a pre-inspection, therefore we cannot predict the exact time we will come to your property.
No notice, beyond this letter, will be given to tenants prior to Hagan Realty inspecting your property.
Please contact Hagan Realty at (517)351-0765 if you have any questions.
(Click Here) for ways to prevent tenant related maintenance problems that may cause you to fail inspection.
Find info about moving in or out of your property including important dates, donation sites, a copy of your move in letter and much more.
Find links and contact info for utility companies, the City of East Lansing, P.A.C.E. and other related companies and services
927 E. Grand River Ave. Suite 11
East Lansing, Michigan 48823
Specializing in Property Management & Development since 1969